President Trump on Sunday said the lack of investigation into the Clinton campaign spending a reported $12 million on a dossier crafted during the 2016 presidential race to smear him has sparked unprecedented “anger and unity” among fellow Republicans.
“Never seen such Republican ANGER & UNITY as I have concerning the lack of investigation on Clinton made Fake Dossier (now $12,000,000?),” Trump said first in a series of tweets.
The president tweeted after South Carolina GOP Rep. Trey Gowdy, chairman of the House Oversight committee, told “Fox News Sunday” that he’s concerns about Hillary Clinton’s 2016 presidential campaign purportedly paying a law firm at least $10 million for the dossier, which was to be used as Trump opposition research.
“I’m interested in that … laundering money through a law firm,” Gowdy said.
- WATCH: Debbie Wasserman Schultz does NOT want to talk about the Trump dossier
- CRONY: Obama-Appointed Judge Seals Fusion GPS Bank Records; Ruling Insulates Obama, Clinton, FBI
- Obama’s Campaign Paid $972,000 To Law Firm That Secretly Paid Fusion GPS In 2016
- WHITE HOUSE: Backed by Hillary Cash and Obama DOJ, Fusion GPS Suspected of Paying Russian Lawyer to Set Up Trump Jr.
- BUSTED: Bill Kristol Linked to Fusion GPS Hiring by Free Beacon; Never Trump GOPers Paid For Dirt on Trump