Video Shows Left-Wing Activists Plotting To Use Butyric Acid At Trump Event (Video)
(Daily Caller) Video released on Monday by James O’Keefe of Project Veritas purports to show a group of left wing activists plotting to use butyric acid stink bombs to disrupt a pro-Donald Trump inauguration event.
The edited video shows three members of the D.C. Anti-Fascist Coalition discussing releasing stink bombs in the HVAC system of the National Press Club, where a pro-Trump event dubbed Deploraball will be held on Thursday.
The coalition is part of a network of left wing groups that plan to disrupt various Trump inauguration events. A group operating with the hashtag #DisruptJ20 plans to destroy property, carry out blockades and sow other chaos leading up to the inauguration.
In the video, which was recorded last month, a coalition member named Scott Green explains what he hoped to achieve by using the butyric acid. The stink bombs would “ruin [event attendees’] outfits or otherwise make it impossible to continue with their plans. Make sure they get nothing accomplished,” he says in the video.
“This stuff is very efficient, it’s very very smelly, lasts a long time and a little bit of it goes a long way,” Green adds.
“If you get it into the HVAC system it will get into the whole building,” Colin Dunn, another coalition member says.
Luke Kuhn, the third member of the group, appeared to approve of the idea.
“If you had a pint of butyric acid, I don’t care how big the building is, it’s closing,” Kuhn says in the video.
Kuhn also says in the video that he hoped to use the action against Deploraball to confront the Washington, D.C. city government and its police.
“The message has to be, we do not recognize the city government either. If you try to close us down we will look for your house, we will burn it. We will physically fight the police if they try to steal one of our places. We will go to war and you will lose,” he says.
It’s worth noting that the videos are heavily edited, making it unclear whether the operatives came up with the idea for the stink bombs on their own or if they were prompted into discussing the plan. The three activists did not return emailed requests for comment. This piece will be updated if they respond.
Whatever the case, the operatives also discussed casing the National Press Club ahead of the action.
Green and Dunn agreed to scope out the venue. Days after the meeting, on Dec. 21, Green sent an email to a group of activists stating that “the reconnaissance went pretty well.”
“We left with the confidence that we can accomplish our objective with no negative consequences for our side, nor any collateral damage,” he wrote in the email, which is shown in the Project Veritas video.
O’Keefe says in the latest release that one of Project Veritas’ operatives first made contact with D.C. Anti-Fascist Coalition members after receiving an email last month inviting the person to attend a meeting to discuss how to disrupt inauguration events. The operative later met with the three plotters at Comet Pizza. That’s the same restaurant falsely accused of housing child slaves. Last month, a North Carolina man who believed the hoax took a gun into Comet Pizza to investigate whether children were imprisoned there.
O’Keefe says in the video that after the Comet Pizza meeting, his group contacted the FBI, Secret Service and Washington, D.C. police to report what the D.C. Anti-Fascist Coalition trio was plotting.
He claims that the scheme may be a violation of Washington, D.C. law which prohibits actions intended to cause civil unrest.
A separate O’Keefe operation aimed at other left wing groups was recently exposed in a countersting operation.
Last week, a group called The Undercurrent released video of an O’Keefe operative meeting with Ryan Clayton, an activist with the group Americans Take Action. The Undercurrent said that the O’Keefe operative was trying to set up Clayton by showing him accepting money in exchange for blocking bridges during the inauguration.
Separately, The Daily Caller exposed Clayton last month as the operative who was behind celebrity videos targeting Republican electors ahead of the Electoral College.
Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact [email protected].