Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton divulged similar revelations published in a True Pundit report on Thursday detailing FBI Director James Comey used Bureau funds to underwrite the controversial dossier on President Donald Trump during the 2016 presidential election.
True Pundit also reported the deal to dig dirt on a presidential candidate was put together with the help of Sen. John McCain, sources said.
While these new revelations might be the worst kept secrets in Washington, D.C. rank-and-file FBI agents want the Bureau to come clean on its relationship with the author of the problematic Trump dossier, former British spy Christopher Steele.
Fitton is the first Beltway media and legal insider to definitively place the blame for the Trump Dossier directly on James Comey and the FBI. Fitton discussed the Trump Dossier with Tucker Carlson on FOX.
True Pundit first received intelligence from FBI sources in March that the Bureau had struck a financial deal with Steele in 2016.
Federal law enforcement agents have since divulged to True Pundit:
- Steele was likely paid in the $100,000 range by the FBI for the research. Perhaps even more.
- Sen. John McCain was involved in brokering the introduction of Steele or Steele’s preliminary research to FBI bosses.
- The FBI routinely pays third-party private Intel firms to gather evidence used to secure federal search warrants and arrest warrants, as well as FISA court warrants.
- The FBI does not vet the privately commissioned investigators, like Fusion GPS, who work “off the books” for the Bureau.
- The FBI pays such contractors from a budget that is not part of its public expenditures. The transactions are confidential, therefore, Freedom of Information Requests (FOIA) on such transactions are easily and legally denied.
- Steele and the firm Fusion GPS may have performed additional privately-commissioned intelligence work for the FBI.
The more disturbing revelations however, is that a GOP U.S. Senator from the same party as Trump likely assisted the FBI to perform a bogus investigation of a presidential candidate during the 2016 election; the results of which were leaked to the news media in an attempt to boost Democrat Hillary Clinton’s chances of winning the presidency.
Also, it now appears the FBI had a definitive role in digging dirt on a presidential candidate with the likely intent to sway an election.