NBC isn’t putting up with what ABC apparently ignored for years. The MSM is infighting and throwing their own DC elite under the bus.
Or perhaps NBC executives are simply bracing for more allegations to surface under their news flag.
Either way, this could get very entertaining very fast.
NBC officials released a statement today, calling the allegations against veteran journalist Mark Halperin “troubling.” NBC said Halperin was no longer employed by the network in his news analyst role.
NEW: Halperin leaving his role as NBC analyst, per network statement pic.twitter.com/iptgSuFCKH
— Oliver Darcy (@oliverdarcy) October 26, 2017
From Oliver Darcy earlier:
Women said veteran journalist Mark Halperin had a dark side and sexually harassed them while he was in a powerful position at ABC News, according to five women who shared their previously undisclosed accounts.
But women say he also had a dark side not made public until now. The stories of harassment shared range in nature from propositioning employees for sex to kissing and grabbing one’s breasts against her will. Three of the women who spoke described Halperin as, without consent, pressing an erection against their bodies while he was clothed. Halperin denies grabbing a woman’s breasts and pressing his genitals against the three women.
“During this period, I did pursue relationships with women that I worked with, including some junior to me,” Halperin said in a statement to CNN Wednesday night. “I now understand from these accounts that my behavior was inappropriate and caused others pain. For that, I am deeply sorry and I apologize. Under the circumstances, I’m going to take a step back from my day-to-day work while I properly deal with this situation.”