Traces of poop have been found on a number of McDonald’s touchscreen kiosks, an investigation has found.
Metro swabbed kiosks in eight restaurants in the UK and found traces of gut bacteria on every single one of them.
Scientists at London Metropolitan University analyzed the samples and found a host of infection-causing bacteria, such as Enterococcus faecalis, which is more commonly found in hospitals.
One kiosk was even found to have Staphylococcus, a contagious bacteria that can cause blood poisoning and even toxic shock syndrome.
Diners use the touchscreen kiosks, which have been rolled out to restaurants across the world, to order their food in a bid to speed up the process.- READ MORE