The New York Times carried a column last weekend by Maureen Dowd where Jimmy Carter shocked the liberals by saying “I think the media have been harder on Trump than any other president certainly that I’ve known about…I think they feel free to claim that Trump is mentally deranged and everything else without hesitation.” Times columnist Thomas Friedman took it to a new level on Wednesday’sCharlie Rose on PBS. Trump isn’t mentally ill…he’s a brain-eating disease.
The PBS show began by previewing his quote — stick around for this hot take, liberals! — “Trump is a brain-eating disease, so that is that he — he sucks up all the oxygen in the room. We feel we have to write about him so much, as a columnist, on the one hand I don’t want to because I’m not really learning anything. When I wrote that column today, I’m just sort of emoting, expressing my concern.”
Rose offered the typical oblation to this all-knowing genius: “Tom Friedman is here. He is columnist for The New York Times and recipient of the Pulitzer Prize. He’s best known for tackling big ideas and complicated issues. He is a self-confessed explanatory journalist. His goal is to translate from English to English…. Welcome, sir.”
- Reporter Produces Witnesses to Back Up Claim New York Times Killed 2004 Weinstein Exposé
- VIDEO: James O’Keefe Scalps Trump-Hating New York Times Senior Editor in Vicious Undercover Video
- New York Times in Denial on Liberal Bias: We Play It ‘Straight Down the Middle’
- ‘RED CENTURY’: The New York Times Is Trying To Make Communism Cool
- New York Times Covers for Castro Henchman Che Guevara