True Pundit

Politics Security World

‘We’ve Received No Questions:’ Mattis Says Allies Haven’t Brought Up Trump’s Intel Disclosure

FOLLOW US!
Follow on FacebookFollow on Twitter

‘We’ve Received No Questions:’ Mattis Says Allies Haven’t Brought Up Trump’s Intel Disclosure by Saagar Enjeti.

Secretary of Defense James Mattis pushed back against the assertion that President Donald Trump’s intelligence sharing with Russian officials jeopardized U.S. allied relations, in a series of comments to reporters.

Mattis comments follow reports that Trump disclosed an Islamic State plot to down a commercial airliner during a meeting with Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov and Ambassador Sergey Kislyak. The disclosure drew widespread criticism because Israeli intelligence agencies shared the plot with the U.S. after learning of it from a spy within an ISIS cell somewhere in Iraq or Syria.

Israel did not give the U.S. permission to share the intelligence with anyone, and it was considered so sensitive it was not distributed to key U.S. allies like the U.K. The disclosure drew widespread condemnation from U.S. lawmakers and speculation that American allies would no longer share sensitive intelligence with the Trump administration.

Former Obama national security council official Ned Price hysterically lamented Tuesday that allies “will think once, they will think twice, or maybe they will stop sharing information with us to begin with if they cannot be confident that we can safeguard their information.”

Mattis strongly pushed back against this assertion saying, “We have always safeguarded information from allies … we’ve received no questions at all from anyone.” He elaborated Tuesday that in multiple discussions with U.S. allies the issue “never even came up,” adding that he was “not worried” about Trump’s discussions.

National Security Advisor H.R. McMaster similarly defended Trump saying “what the president discussed with the foreign minister was wholly appropriate to that conversation and is consistent with the routine sharing of information between the president and any leaders with whom he’s engaged.”

Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact [email protected].

FOLLOW US!
Follow on FacebookFollow on Twitter

  • DD More

    The disclosure drew widespread criticism because Israeli intelligence agencies shared the plot with the U.S. after learning of it from a spy within an ISIS cell somewhere in Iraq or Syria. Ned Price hysterically lamented Tuesday that allies “will think once, they will think twice, or maybe they will stop sharing information with us to begin with if they cannot be confident that we can safeguard their information.”

    The FM stated, “Yes, we have the internet and found it in our study of the Metrojet Airbus A321 crash in 2015”

    Russia’s security chief says an act of terror brought down the Russian A321 airliner in Egypt last month, killing all 224 people on board.
    “Traces of foreign explosives” were found on debris from the Airbus plane, FSB chief Alexander Bortnikov told Russian President Vladimir Putin. Sinai Province, a branch of Islamic State (IS), said in a statement on 31 October that it had destroyed the plane because of Russian air strikes in Syria.

    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-34840943

    And Israeli IC, but that’s not what they told the ‘Beast’ in March.

    Three intelligence sources told The Daily Beast that the ban on carry-on electronics aboard U.S.-bound flights from 10 airports in North Africa and the Middle East was the result of information seized during a U.S. raid on Al Qaeda in Yemen in January. The United Kingdom joined the U.S. ban Tuesday.
    http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2017/03/21/what-triggered-the-laptop-ban-on-flights-answers-don-t-add-up-yet

    Real Deep Cover Spy vs Spy stuff going on.