Potential Shortlist Of FBI Director Candidates Confirmed By White House
“Potential Shortlist Of FBI Director Candidates Confirmed By White House” by Kerry Picket.
The White House Friday confirmed a shortlist of candidates the administration is considering to fill the post of fired FBI Director James Comey.
A White House official told Fox News the candidates being considered for the job include:
- Ray Kelly, the former and longest-serving New York City police commissioner
- Mike Rogers, former House Intelligence Committee chairman and former FBI agent
- Former Assistant Attorney General Alice Fisher
- Rep. Trey Gowdy, R-S.C.
- Senate Majority Whip John Cornyn, R-Texas
- Paul Abbate, executive assistant director for the Criminal, Cyber, Response and Services Branch
- Former New York prosecutor Mike Garcia
- Mayor of Colorado Springs John Suthers
- Former federal appellate court Judge Michael Luttig, now executive vice president of Boeing
- Larry Thompson, former deputy attorney general under President George W. Bush
- Acting FBI Director Andrew McCabe
“We are moving quickly and expeditiously to pick an interim and a permanent replacement, and we’re doing our due diligence—we’re not going to cut any corners,” the source told Fox News, later adding that the list could be altered at any time via the addition or removal of names.
Andrew McCabe currently has the job of acting FBI Director until a candidate is nominated by the president and confirmed by the Senate.
However, Senate Democrats vow to slow down the appointment process as much as possible through invoking upper chamber rules.
Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer announced on the floor of the chamber Thursday that his caucus does not want Attorney General Jeff Sessions involved in the search for a new FBI director and a special prosecutor for the Russia investigation should only be appointed by the highest ranking Justice Department civil servant.
The White House Friday confirmed a shortlist of candidates the administration is considering to fill the post of fired FBI Director James Comey. A White House official told Fox News the candidates
Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact [email protected].
True Pundit has partnered with long-time esteemed conservative news site the Daily Caller to offer benefits to the news startup’s news gathering and intelligence arsenal. Through the partners…