Clinton campaign blasts FBI Director Comey: ‘There’s no reason he had to send this letter’
Hillary Clinton and some of her campaign’s top officials blasted FBI Director James Comey on Saturday afternoon over his decision to notify Congress on Friday that the bureau had reopened its investigation into Clinton’s private email server.
In a conference call with reporters, campaign chairman John Podesta called the reaction to Comey’s announcement “overblown,” and campaign manager Robby Mook said Comey’s decision to send the letter was “completely unfair” to Clinton and to voters.
“It’s completely unfair to Sec. Clinton and completely unfair to voters,” Mook said. “There’s no reason he had to send this letter.”
Comey announced that the FBI is now reviewing new documents it said were “pertinent” to the Clinton email investigation. Comey had previously announced in July that the investigation was closed.
The Clinton campaign called on Comey to release more information on what the FBI has. – READ MORE